A new app is offering iPhone users a way of making Skype calls using 3G by turning outgoing calls into incoming ones.
Calls made on the iPhone using the Incoming app are routed through a user’s home PC’s Skype software and turned into an incoming call.
This means users don’t eat into wireless dialplan minutes if they have unlimited inbound minutes.
There’s obviously a cost if SkypeOut credits are required but that can be limited by signing up for one of Skype’s unlimited call plans.
How it works:
1. Open the Incoming app and enter a phone number and press CALL.
2. Receive an incoming call, once answered, the dialled number is called
3. Wait to be connected
The app costs USD $4.99 on the iTunes store.
Other features include:
- Make a visual favorites list for fast dialing.
- Access contacts from your address book.
- Conference Calling supporting up to nine callers.
- International Calling