Nest has just announced sweeping refreshes and redesigns across the company’s entire product portfolio with the introduction of Nest Cam, the second generation Nest Protect, new features for the Nest Learning Thermostat, and a brand new app.
• Nest Cam – With full high-definition (1080p) video quality, a versatile stand, and improved motion alerts and night vision, the new Nest Cam allows people to keep an eye on what they care about from anywhere. And beginning next month, Nest Cam will be available in Europe.
• Nest Protect – The second generation Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarm is the first residential alarm to offer a custom, Split-Spectrum Sensor that uses two wavelengths of light to look for different types of fires. Also, Nest Protect alarms can now be silenced from your phone.
• Nest Learning Thermostat – The best-selling Nest Learning Thermostat is getting even better, now notifying customers when temperatures drop to help avoid frozen pipes and adding new integrations with other Nest products.
• Nest app 5.0 – The redesigned Nest app 5.0 brings together all three Nest products, across multiple platforms, for the first time, making it easier to access and control Nest products.
• Nest Cam is available for purchase today with a suggested retail price of $199. It will begin shipping this month.
• Nest Aware with Video History can be purchased as a 10-day or 30-day subscription for $10 or $30 per month, respectively.
• Nest Protect is available for purchase today for a suggested retail price of $99. It will begin shipping next month.
• Nest app 5.0 is available now in the Google Play Store and iOS App Store.
• Nest Learning Thermostat software 4.5 will begin rolling out today and will take up to two weeks to reach all Nest customers.
Nest Cam and the second generation Nest Protect are available for purchase now at www.nest.com, as well as from a range of retail partners, including Amazon, Best Buy, Google Play, The Home Depot, Lowe’s and Target in the U.S. The Nest Aware with Video History subscription is available exclusively at www.nest.com or through the Nest app.
Nest Protect, Nest Cam and the Nest Aware with Video History subscription will also be available in Belgium, Canada, France, Ireland, Netherlands and the U.K. this summer.
Finally, starting today, customers in markets where Google Fiber is available – Austin, Texas; Kansas City, Kansas; Kansas City, Missouri; and Provo, Utah – who sign up for Fiber can purchase up to three Nest Thermostats for $200 (regularly priced at $249) with installation included.