It integrates multiple conferencing products including audio conferencing, web conferencing and video conferencing into a single UC application.
The app includes the following features and functionality, depending on connectivity:
• View whiteboard
• Call Me and Dial In features that simplify audio setup
• Interactive participants list: See/hear the other participants in the conference, their emoticons and mode of connection
• Use emoticons to signal opinion
• Alert other participants when stepping in or out of the conference
• Use notes to chat with one or all participants
• Answer polls
• Host an event
• Invite others to join an event
According to Ron Spears, president and CEO of AT&T Business Solutions, converging communications technologies are driving business demand for integrated voice, web and video conferencing services, to reduce costs and speed decisions.
“Collaboration across a broad sweep of individuals – employees, suppliers and partners, as well as across geographic and organizational boundaries – is a daily necessity. AT&T is bringing its Unified Communications capabilities to integrate voice, email, messaging and web conferencing in business apps that drive the productivity of businesses regionally, nationally and globally,” he said.
AT&T Connect supports virtual meetings with both internal and external participants. The service can be provisioned to include standalone audio conferencing, multi-point video, regular/mobile phone and VoIP-based audio, application sharing, whiteboard/presentation, web touring, polling, reporting, recording and editing.