Groundwire has all the features of Acrobits’ current softphone client, Acrobits Softphone, and adds some important business caliber features: it supports transfer and attended transfer, call waiting and conference calling. It also adds a voicemail waiting indicator and a programmable voicemail dialer.
It also supports iOS4 multitasking and the original Acrobits Softphone’s Push Notification Service.
SIP users finally have a mobile client capable of meeting all their needs, as Acrobits claims.
Among the other features are:
• Multi line
• Customizable ringtones
• HD Wideband audio through G.722
• G.711, GSM and iLBC audio codecs.
• TLS support for encrypted SIP
• Bluetooth support for iPhones with OS 3.1 and higher
• audio codec manipulation, enabling you to prioritize the codecs used and disable ones you don’t want to use
• call recorder and player, seamlessly integrated into the call history
• full localization (currently English, Chinese, Danish, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portueguese, Swedish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Czech and Slovak)
• simultaneous registration of multiple SIP accounts
• iPhone contacts integration
• ability to generate DTMF tones while in call, to control various PBX features or automated systems (use audio, rfc 2833 or SIP INFO)
• speakerphone support
• configurable RTP port range
• SIP Proxy support, VPN support
• STUN server support, automatic service discovery using DNS SRV queries
• quick import of accounts from major VoIP Providers, like Gizmo5, Voipcheap, TerraSIP and others
Acrobits Launches New Free Service for SIP Providers
CounterPath Brings Multitasking and Multi-Account VoIP Softphone to the iPhone
Juniper Research: Mobile VoIP Users to Exceed 100 Million by 2012
Acrobits Provides Three New SIP VoIP Operators with the iPhone Apps