Waitan, a manufacturer of ruggedized solid state drives (SSD) and military grade SSD controller ICs, announced its StellaHunter series rugged SSDs with unprecedented methods of executing military secure erase and self-destroy function via remote control, access and command based on its proprietary technologies.
The StellaHunter series rugged SSDs are based on Waitan’s proprietary military grade NAND flash management algorithms and ASICs that also feature AES-256 bit hardware based on-the-fly encryption, on-the-board UPS, and ATA command based military secure erase methods.
It comes with unit capacity up to 4TB in 2.5″ SATA III (6.0 Gbps) form factors.
Based on users’ application scenarios and availability in different capacities, the remote controlled secure erase and self-destruction function can be executed via satellite communications, cellular communications, Wi-Fi communications, or combinations of two or more of these methods.
User can opt to pre-set an SSD drive to be reusable after secure erase, or to be permanently destroyed after self-destruction.
The StellaHunter product family is designed for military, defense and aerospace applications that require high security, high reliability, high ruggedness, and long endurance, such as:
– Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), unmanned ground vehicles (UGV) and unmanned underwater vehicles (UUV).
– Military, defense, air force and marine systems
– Aerospace and aviation computers
– Rugged Computing, Industrial / Embedded PCs
– Disaster Recovery, Public Security, Government Systems, Fault Tolerant Applications
– Remotely operated outdoor and indoor stations for various type of applications