Nexsan has introduced its first iSCSI SAN, which has been specifically designed and priced to give SMBs and SMEs a new value-alternative in implementing the protocol.
The Nexsan iSeries is intended as a complete, easy-to-implement, enterprise-class SAN that is ideal for use in standalone or fully virtualised IT environments.
It is available in two configurations which include additional storage expansion to meet customers growing data storage requirements.
Bob Woolery, Nexsan’s senior vice president of marketing, said the iSeries gives customers flexibility and value.
"We’ve designed the iSeries to give customers a solution with all the storage services, data protection and scalability they need at a price they can afford," he said.
"And, we’re giving our channel partners a new value alternative in this growing market segment. We’ve truly changed the game with value."
The iSeries offers iSCSI, Fibre Channel and NAS configurations from the same system and provides up to 1PB of storage.
It also includes a complete suite of easy-to-use enterprise storage services, including virtualisation.
Woolery said the iSeries was being sold for a single up-front price to affordably accommodate a company’s increasing storage needs.
"This holistic approach simplifies pricing, removes hidden costs and licensing fees associated with competitive products and smoothly accommodates an organisation’s IT requirements as they change," he said.
Other benefits offered by the Nexsan iSeries include:
- Virtualised storage for flexibility and intelligent automation of routine tasks
- High performance for running multiple demanding applications from a single high-density system
- Simultaneous use of SAS and/or SATA disk drives in the same storage chassis for application flexibility and low-cost scalability
- VMware-certified, ensuring high performance in both physical and virtual environments
- Easy to deploy and manage with wizard-based setup, administration and central management of volumes, snapshots, HA/data replication, mirroring and data migration
- High-performance with up to four RAID engines per storage system
- Nexsan’s AutoMAID™ energy-saving technology reduces energy costs by up to 60% without compromising application performance
- Key application support: storage pooling, virtual servers, archiving
- High-speed, highly responsive – hyper transport bus, real-time OS, enterprise-class network chip set
- Fully redundant and designed for 99.999% availability
- Available immediately through Nexsan’s global network of authorized value-added resellers.