Verizon announced that the BlackBerry Bold 9650 will be available for online ordering from Verizon beginning June 3 and in Verizon stores beginning June 10.
The new BlackBerry Bold is the first global phone from Verizon to support GlobalAccess Connect, allowing customers to tether their BlackBerry Bold to a notebook or netbook and use it as a modem for wireless internet access.
• Optical trackpad for easy and fluid navigation
• Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
• Push to Talk feature – allows customers to leverage Verizon’s 3G network for instant two-way communication with up to 50 people
• VZ Navigator version 6 – gives customers access to free mapping and integration with Bing to sort searches by relevance and a new option to choose day, week or monthly subscriptions
• VZ Navigator Global capabilities – Provides turn-by-turn directions and maps in English while navigating through more than 20 destinations
• Mobile e-mail and messaging capabilities
• 2.45" high-resolution display (480 x 360 resolution at 245 ppi)
• 3.2 megapixel camera with flash, variable zoom, image stabilization, autofocus and video recording
• support for the Bluetooth Stereo Audio Profile (A2DP/AVCRP)
• BlackBerry Media Sync
• Support for BlackBerry App World
• 512 MB Flash memory and an expandable memory card slot that supports up to 16 GB microSD HC cards (a 2 GB card is pre-installed)
• Full HTML Web browser, streaming audio and video via RTSP
• Built-in GPS with support for location-based applications and services as well as geotagging
• Support for high-speed EV-DO Rev. A networks in North America as well as single band UMTS/HSPA (2100 MHz) and quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM networks abroad
• 1400 mAhr battery
The BlackBerry Bold 9650 will be available for order for $149.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. A non-camera version of the phone will also be available for order online beginning June 3.
GlobalAccess Connect plans are available for $65 monthly access for 5 GB allowance in the US and Canada ($0.05/MB overage) and 100 MB allowance in select countries ($5.12/MB overage). There is also a $155 monthly access option that offers 5 GB allowance in the United States and Canada and 200 MB allowance in select countries, with the same overage rates as the $65 monthly option.