More than 600 telco leaders are due to attend East Africa’s premier learning and networking event which gets underway on Wednesday.
East Africa Com is a two-day, multi-streamed conference with a 40+ stand networking exhibition.
The conference is the only event to represent the East African region and evolved from the highly successful GSM>3G World Series.
Any biz-news subscribers taking the opportunity to reserve last-minute tickets will receive a 25 per cent discount (details below).
Among the speaker panel of 37 are 19 operator CxOs and ministers, including:
- Raed Haddidin, Commercial Director, East Africa Region, Zain Group
- Michael Joseph, CEO, Safaricom, Kenya Peter Reinartz, Deputy-CEO,
- Orange Telkom Kenya Tushar Maheshwari, CCO, Warid Telecom Uganda Ali
- Bin Jarsh, CEO, Canar Telecom Sudan Noel Herrity, Director General,
- Zantel, Tanzania Nkateko Nyoka, Chief Officer: Regulatory and
- Government Relations, Vodacom Group Shiletsi Makhofane, Acting Chief
- Executive Officer, Africa Online Holdings Deng Malok, Managing
- Director, Bilpam Telecommunications Co. Ltd, Sudan Charles J.K
- Njoroge, Director-General, Communications Commission of Kenya Joe
- Kimani, CEO, Flashcom, Kenya
Part of the Com World Series, the conference reflects the changing mobile communications market, where previously well defined boundaries between wireless and fixed technologies and providers are becoming increasingly blurred.
The organisers, Informa Telecoms & Media, say that broadening the remit allowed attendees to benefit from a more all-encompassing prospective whilst still delivering focused, actionable and incisive intelligence.
"Moreover, our technology agnostic stance embraces the global nature of the changes the market is experiencing but is careful to apply it specifically to our markets to allow a 360 degree view of the future landscape within the distinct territories in which we operate," according to the organisers.
Among the innovations this year are:
- New Keynote sessions, by popular demand, extra plenary speakers on the
- morning and closing afternoon – your chance to hear directly from even more C-
- level speakers
- More interactive sessions: more engaging panels, Q+A and industry debate to
- ensure the most productive use of your time
- New topics: convergence, broadband strategies, value-added services backed
- by our in-depth analysis
- More of the region’s telecommunications ecosystem represented; more ISPs,
- more fixed and wireless operators, more CxOs, all under one roof for you to
- meet and do business with
To take advantage of the biz-news subscriber discount, email [email protected] and quote "Biz News" for your 25 per cent discount off the ticket price.
East Africa Com
1 – 2 April 2009
View the very latest agenda
Join our group on Linked-In
Other dates for your diary:
West & Central Africa Com 17-18 June 2009 – Abuja, Nigeria
North Africa Com 27-28 October 2009 – Cairo, Egypt
Africa Com – 18-19 November 2009 – Cape Town, South Africa
View all ComWorldSeries 2008 events