Samsung revealed prices and market availability for its new species of flat-panel TVs, LED HDTV Series 8000, 7000 and 6000.
The new portfolio of LED HDTVs use edge-mounted LEDs as their primary light source rather than traditional Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps (CCFL).
All three of Samsung’s LED HDTV Series have Full HD panels, 2ms to 4ms response time, 120 to 240Hz frame interpolation with separate blur and judder adjustments, SRS TruSurround HD, 4 HDMI (HDMI-CEC) version 1.3 inputs and feature USB 2.0 Movie with MPEG4, DivX, MP3, JPEG decoders.
Product Availability and Pricing (for the U.S. market)
- 32-inch class: $1,599.99, June 2009
- 40-inch class: $2,299.99, March 2009
- 46-inch class: $2,799.99, March 2009
- 55-inch class: $3,599.99, March 2009
- 40-inch class: $2,499.99, April 2009
- 46-inch class: $2,999.99, March 2009
- 55-inch class: $3,799.99, March 2009
- 46-inch class: $3,299.99, May 2009
- 55-inch class: $3,999.99, May 2009