Ooma announced that it is now offering a new Ooma Mobile calling plan that allows users to talk for 1,000 minutes for less than $5 per month.
Phone calls made using the Ooma Mobile application are transmitted through the internet connection of the device (either Wi-Fi or 3G) so users do not need to use minutes from a cellular voice plan.
Today’s new bundle extends Ooma’s calling plan offerings for Ooma customers. As always, calls to Ooma phone numbers using the Ooma Mobile application are free. Calls to other U.S. numbers remain just 1.9¢/minute without the calling bundle. Ooma Premier subscribers still have the bonus of 250 free minutes of U.S. calling every month.
According to the company, there are following benefits of using Ooma Mobile:
– Save on minutes: Save money by shifting your minutes to Ooma Mobile and call over Wi-Fi or 3G
– Call overseas: Save up to 90% on international calls using your Ooma prepaid account or international calling plan
– No coverage, no problem: Avoid roaming charges for phone calls when you have access to Wi-Fi – perfect when traveling abroad
– Keep your caller-ID: Calls made using Ooma Mobile show the caller-ID of your Ooma account
– Conserve bandwidth: Reduce 3G bandwidth usage by up to 60% when making a call with Ooma PureVoice technology
– Call from your iPod/iPad: Ooma Mobile transforms your iPad and iPod touch into a phone
– Free calling to Ooma subscribers: Call any Ooma phone number and talk for as long as you want
Ooma Bluetooth Adapter Integrates Mobile and Home Phones
Acrobits Releases Groundwire, the First Business Caliber SIP Client
CounterPath Brings Multitasking and Multi-Account VoIP Softphone to the iPhone
Skype Now Available on Verizon Multimedia Phones on the BREW Platform