Samsung has finally announced the availability of Samsung Galaxy Note on the European market. The company's new smartphone will be available in November through the major European mobile operators, like Deutsche Telekom, Orange, Telefonica and Vodafone.
Galaxy Note has the first and the largest HD Super AMOLED screen, measuring 5.3 inches. According to the company, this is an intelligent expansive, high-resolution screen, offering immersive viewing experience, "the most performing in its class." The S Pen, along with the full touchscreen of the device, is creating a truly unique user experience. Users can enjoy multi-tasking, can create and view more, with fewer interruptions, even in motion.
The digital S Pen can be used for precise drawings or fine art, while the superior handwriting recognition allows the user to capture and share any idea on other devices without the need for subsequent digitization; handwritten text is converted with accuracy in digital characters.
Specially designed applications
Along with Galaxy Note, Samsung announced the launch of "S Choice", a new menu category in the Samsung Apps, with applications designed specifically for the Galaxy Note's S Pen function. The new applications include Soonr Workplace, OmniSketch, Zen Brush, ComicBook! and iAnnotate PDF. Soonr Workplace enables team collaboration through the annotation option directly in the various file formats stored in Soonr Cloud, while iAnnotate PDF offers direct annotation for S Pen in PDF files. OmniSketch allows drawing using S Pen as a brush, while Zen Brush simulates an oriental brush.
Unique visual experience
The high-resolution screen of Samsung Galaxy Note allows users an improved visualization of e-books, PowerPoint presentations, news applications and web pages, with scrolling and minimal zooming. The HD Super AMOLED screen of the Galaxy Note is large enough to allow split-screen and multi-tasking operations. The most commonly used native applications can run side by side, thus reducing interruptions. In addition, 5.3-inch screen is the largest ever included in a mobile device; having a thickness of only 9.6 mm, the new Samsung Galaxy Note perfectly fits in your pocket.
Power and performance
Galaxy Note’s 1.4 GHz dual core processor ensures a higher speed. Fast network speeds are possible thanks to the HSPA+ or LTE-enabled connections featured by the new smartphone. This means that users can play videos by real-time streaming or play with friends through online gaming platforms (facilitated by Samsung Game Hub).
– HSPA+ up to 21Mbps 850/900/1900/2100
– 4G LTE
– EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
– 1.4 GHz Dual Core Processor
– 5.3” WXGA (1280 x 800, 285 PPI) screen
– HD Super AMOLED
– Android 2.3(Gingerbread)
– Main (Rear): 8 MP with LED Flash / Front : 2 MP
– Action Shot, Beauty, Panorama Shot, Smile Shot
– 1080p Full HD video recording & playback
– Recording: [email protected]~30fps/ Playback: [email protected]
– Codec: MPEG4/ H.263/ H.264/ DivX, Xvid, WMV, VC-1
– Codec: MP3, AAC, AMR, WMA, WAV, FLAC, OGG
– Music Player with SoundAlive
– 3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo FM Radio with RDS
– Full touch + S Pen (Advanced smart pen)
– Bluetooth® technology v 3.0 + HS
– USB 2.0 HOST
– Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
– Accelerometer, Digital compass, Proximity, Barometer, Light
– 16 GB internal memory + microSD (up to 32 GB)
– Standard battery, Li-on 2,500 mAh
– Samsung Touchwiz/ Samsung Live Panel UX
– S Memo/ S Planner/ S Choice (Apps for GALAXY Note)
– Samsung Apps Samsung kies 2.0/ Samsung kies air
– Social Hub, Readers Hub, Music Hub