Cisco’s Emerging Technologies Group (ETG) focuses on creating solutions in new and adjacent technology markets, and is looking for high energy, high impact individuals who want to help shape Cisco’s future by building our next USD $1B business.
Consumer TelePresence is a new Business Unit being incubated in ETG, and we are currently seeking a Manager of Hardware Engineering to help lead this incubation through to a significant business. Leveraging technology developed for our enterprise TelePresence product, the fastest growing product in Cisco’s history, CTBU will bring to market a breakthrough, consumer version of TelePresence which will provide a unique, in-person experience when communicating with friends and relatives over the internet.
Reporting to the Director of Hardware of TSBU, the Manager of Hardware Engineering will be responsible for the following:
• Build world-class engineering team
• Work with product management, market development, and customers to develop, refine, validate, and prioritize product requirements and product roadmaps
•Work with industrial design team to ensure constraints are met in developing compelling consumer designs.
• Define product hardware architecture and system level designs based on product requirements and business model.
• Work with director of software to ensure a complete system and make appropriate trade offs as a team
• Develop product hardware functional specifications
• Develop product prototype
• Make strategic trade-offs in make-buy-partner technology decisions
• Drive to develop and protect intellectual property for market leadership.
• Lead development, launch and successful revenue growth of the product(s)
• Develop, and adhere to, resource plans, schedule, and budget
• Previous multiple year experience in the consumer electronics market, bringing multiple successful products to market.
• Experience with video, audio products and solutions.
• Track record of developing “disruptive” products and bringing them to market
• Very high technical competence, individual technical accomplishments with repeated, proven track record for product delivery
• Entrepreneurial drive, demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
• Strong leadership and management skills, ability to deliver results with a small, fast-paced teams, and ability to work across teams
• Strong ability to stay in sync with key customer requirements and deliver products to meet the requirements, making appropriate trade-offs
• Experience in building high performing engineering teams
• Strong inter-personal skills and teamwork
• Ability to work and thrive in a true “startup” mode
Other desired qualifications include:
• Work experience with successful startups
• Brought products to market with cameras or displays
• Experience with visual communications systems.
This position is located in San Jose, CA, US